Tuesday, January 18, 2011

And the Pages Begin to Turn....


Hey there! See...I told you I would be back on more often LOL! Alright...let me not speak too soon before I get super tied up with stuff and end up not writing for months again ;-)! It looks like the pages of the new chapter in my life are finally beginning to turn for the absolute best. As you knew in my last blog, I was dealing with the constant torture of the job I was working at Home Depot Direct. I am glad to report that I no longer have those struggles. Why? Because I was able to FINALLY land a job at....Cox Communications! That's right....I am working within my field of study now, even though it isn't ultimately what I would like to do in life, but I am stepping in the right direction. After numerous failed attempts at trying to get on there, I slowly started to lose some hope as the drama continued daily at Home Depot Direct. Luckily, my sister knew someone that knew I was interested in working there since I graduated and asked if I was still looking for a position at Cox. All I could think was, "YES!!! I got a second chance! Thank God for that one!" I applied immediately and went through the process...taking assessments and interviews. It was a very strenuous process indeed! I waited in two-week intervals before hearing a bit of news. Finally, on the morning of January 13, my phone rung. It was the call I had been waiting for. The recruiter started with, "We have made a decision on the Tech Support position..." and took a severely long pause leaving me in suspense. Then she continued with, "and you were offered the job. Are you willing to accept this position?" You should know I had no problem turning that down at all. All the months I waited to get on there, and it was finally a dream come true.

The dream really came true on my first day (orientation that was today). We were shown great appreciation by having breakfast AND lunch catered to us, and the people there are amazing as well as the programming. It really didn't sink in until we took our tour around Cox that caught my heart by the seams. We had a chance to look inside Cox 4 which is their TV station they run from there, and that was it. I immediately thought, "I am in love with this place....I could BE here in a few years or something...this is a dream come true!" It was such an exciting day for me I just couldn't put it in words! All I can say for now is that I really can't wait to get started! To make things even better....I WILL get to go to grad school after all! I am absolutely blessed and honored that I was able to have another chance and to have the opportunity to really shine, if if I'm not on the small screen yet. Can't wait to get started tomorrow, but for now, I need to get some sleep. God is GOOD...ALL THE TIME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment