Sunday, May 1, 2011

Work....and More of It


Alright so I totally got off track from writing, and for that, I feel guilty...sorry blog!!! Anyways, just thought I would come in and give an update on how I'm doing. Coming up on May 18, it will make four whole months that I have been a part of the Cox Communications family. Wow how time flies, huh?! After several bouts of training since January, I can finally say that I made it through, weathered the storm, and made it to the other end of the rainbow! So far, tech support has its good days and its bad days with the bad sometimes outweighing the good. I have never come across so many people getting upset over cable, not to mention taking their frustrations out on us because we can't fix it right away. This past weekend was a doozy for me being that I was the last one to leave two nights in a row past 10:30. While I love doing what I do, it sucks to have to take the backlash from others because they expect you to do magic and solve it all at one time.

By the end of the day, I feel that I have done all I can do, but at the same time, I'm still learning. Technical support is probably the biggest challenge I've ever had to deal with because of how much information is involved with troubleshooting, but if you get those cooperative customers, it makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside. Once you get the really rude and grumpy ones, that's a whole different ball game! I feel that I have done a LOT of growing as of late and I am handling my attitude a lot better (even though those who know me would be shocked to know I have a temper). Praying also makes for better days within the workplace as well. I had my moments with my co-workers I trained with, too, but since we ended strong, we all get along quite well.

Needless to say...I'm content as to where I am now, but I have a LOT of work to do...a LOT!! Hopefully by next month or July, I will be able to be sit amongst the best and continue to succeed as a tech support representative. Until then, I have to get through the obstacles the day may bring and get through those. Oh yeah....I'm turning 25 this month, too! I'm pretty excited...25 on the 25th! Then the Hangover Part 2 comes out the following day...what a birthday for me!! Hopefully I will be back to update again very soon as I continue to move along on the job. I may be starting grad school as well, so I'm sure there will be a full chapter on that IF and WHEN I get accepted :-D!

No comments:

Post a Comment